The Center Assistant (CA) is responsible for providing operational relief and assistance within the Pregnancy Resource Centers of Central Oregon (PRCCO). The CA will primarily function as an office assistant, but may be asked to direct general day-to-day operations, as well as function in a management and leadership role in the absence of a Center Manager or other staff member. The CA will be trained to provide all aspects of client services including client advocacy.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 16-20 hours per week (flexible), working primarily at the Madras Center but may be asked to provide coverage in Bend, Redmond or Prineville.
Supervises: Center volunteers, in the absence of a Center Manager or other staff member.
- Committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is currently active in their local church.
- Possesses a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agrees with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of the center.
- High School Diploma preferred or related experience equivalent, ideally in a helping field or non-profit organization.
- Possess experience as a volunteer in a ministry capacity, preferably one involving client care and/or counseling.
- High level of organizational skills to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with the public
- Capable of carrying out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, thorough and able to prioritize responsibilities.
- Understand and utilize proper functioning of all processes, forms and procedures relating to center operations and client service excellence.
- Ensure that all client communications including; web appointment, text messaging, emails, phone calls, and written documents are handled with integrity, comply with privacy and confidentiality requirements, are current and executed in a timely manner.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the daily operations of the center in the absence of a Center Manager
- Handle routine calls and inquiries.
- Interact with other staff members and the Executive Director with honestly and integrity in order to build team unity.
- Inform the Executive Director of any problems which have the potential to impact the organization as a whole.
- Attend and participate in morning and afternoon devotions and lead as necessary.
- Keep donation records and assist with accepting and processing donations.
- Oversee all client consulting in the center and provide direct client care when as needed or when other staff or volunteers are unavailable.
- Greet both walk-in-clients and scheduled clients and make sure they are comfortable while they wait for their scheduled appointments.
- Answer phones, manage calls, take and deliver messages.
- Assist in training volunteers as needed.
- Assist in management of office scheduling of client appointments (pregnancy testing, ultrasound and educational programming).
- Manage the quality of data input and handling of confidential client information.
- Provides organizational assistance, cleaning and material processing as needed.
- Provide general office support as needed.
- Ensure adherence with all privacy and confidentiality regulations.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new applications quickly and efficiently (Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, G-Suites)
- Developing leadership and management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. PRCCO may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
The Pregnancy Resource Centers of Central Oregon are an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, the centers, embodied in its volunteers, are committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women with unplanned pregnancies—both in word and in deed. Commensurate with this purpose, those who labor as Pregnancy Resource Center board members, directors, staff and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord. John 14:6
- Our centers are committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about fetal development, as well as the potential emotional and physical risks associated with abortion.
- Our centers do not recommend, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
- Our centers are committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust and providing promised information and services. Our centers denounce any form of deception in our corporate advertising or individual conversations with our clients. John 17:17, Ps 15:1-2
- Our centers are committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope, and plan constructively for themselves and their babies. Ps 139:13-16
- Our centers do not discriminate in providing services because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status of our clients.
- Our centers offer assistance free of charge at all times.
- Our centers are committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women, and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
- Our centers do not recommend, provide, or refer single women for contraceptives. (Married women seeking contraceptive information are directed to seek counsel, along with their husbands, from their pastor and physician.)
- Our centers recognize the validity of adoption as one alternative to abortion, but are not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. Our centers are independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as to other helpful referral sources. Our centers receive no payment of any kind from these agencies, do not enter into contractual relationships with them, and do not share combined office space. Adoption agencies are not established under the auspices of our centers. Our centers neither initiate nor facilitate independent adoptions, though they may refer for independent adoptions in states where it is legal.
I understand that all in-house information pertaining to Pregnancy Resource Centers of Central Oregon (PRCCO), donor-related and center-related, will remain strictly confidential. I will keep the said information stated completely confidential.
- In the event that a member of my family is in the Center and overhears or sees clients present, I promise to inform them that strict confidentiality is required and will request that information is not to be shared with anyone.
- I will be aware of others in the Center and will not continue conversations that may be heard by other clients or visitors. I will cover up or remove from view any paperwork that may be seen by clients or visitors.
- While outside the Center, I will not initiate contact with clients or bring up anything that they may have said while with me. If client initiates contact, I will keep conversation light and will not let on to others with client where I know client from.
- To the best of my ability, I will be respectful at all times and will respect the Pregnancy Center’s practices, policies and procedures during my volunteer service. I understand that all client contact will remain strictly confidential and understand that breach of confidentiality is grounds for immediate probation and/or dismissal. Further, I will continue to uphold confidentiality even after I am no longer a volunteer.
Society is increasingly confused about sexual identity and sexual purity. PRCCO believes it is important that it be clear with its staff, employees, volunteers and interns about its expectation that they uphold the highest standards of biblical purity in their interpersonal relationships. Sexual intimacy is only expressed in marriage, and marriage is between one man and one woman. It is with a clear understanding of sexual identity and consistent practice of sexual purity by PRCCO employees and volunteers, that PRCCO can be an effective agent of the healing power of Jesus Christ to the victims of sexual confusion in our world.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,13b “Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
- Hebrews 13:4 “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”
- Genesis 1:27-28 “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
- Genesis 2:24 “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.”
Because of the serious consequences confused sexuality and unrepentant sexual sin can have on the ministry of PRCCO, employees and volunteers who disagree with this policy or who do not conform their conduct to it are expected to resign or they will be terminated. Individuals applying for positions with PRCCO must acknowledge their agreement with this policy and commitment to abide by it.